CITB is the industry training board for the construction sector in England, Scotland, and Wales. It’s our job to help the construction industry attract talent and to support skills development, to build a better Britain. We are an executive non-departmental public body in charge of our budget and activities. Sponsored by the Department for Education, we are also accountable to government ministers, and ultimately Parliament.
To attract and support the development of people to construct a better Britain.
For British construction to have a recognised, world-class, innovative approach to developing its workforce to deliver quality in the built environment.
What we aim to do
To support British construction:
- We target our knowledge and resources to develop a world-class workforce for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- We look to get the best new talent by promoting construction for its exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- We work with industry to ensure training standards and qualifications are right for its needs.
- We strive to provide employers with the training they want for their people when they want it.
- We look to make it easy for levy-paying firms to get funding for innovation and skills development.
- And we will continue to talk and listen to industry, to research and survey, to question and analyse so that we can stay ahead of change and respond to the sector’s evolving needs.