What are commissions?
Commissions support areas where CITB, with industry and government bodies, have identified a need for investment.
Each year we work with the construction industry to understand the challenges it faces. This consultation and research help us determine where best we can support the sector and where investing resources will be of most benefit. Projects are commissioned on priority themes, based on industry need, CITB’s strategy and/or government policy.
What do commissions support?
Our commissions are in line with CITB’s Strategic Plan to support the skills and needs of the British construction industry. We want our commissions to benefit as many people as possible so we look for projects that not only improve the situation of participants, but also help other industry employers and the construction industry as a whole.
We want to support projects that help the construction industry to:
- make construction an attractive career prospect,
- ensure training and development meets employers’ needs, and
- use innovation to respond to new challenges in construction.
How to apply
- You'll find details of which commissions are open for applications under the Current opportunities page
- You will need to registered on Delta to be able to complete a submission.
For more information on commissioning at CITB, please see our Commissioning Policy:
If you need any Guidance and advice on how to complete a submission, or any other information on the commissioning team, contact the CITB commissioning team direct, please contact: email@example.com